Welcome to Vermont Quilt Festival’s Online Class Registration
Want to be the first to know about VQF news and announcements?
Subscribe to our newsletter here to learn about the latest VQF news.
Learn more about how to access your online class materials from the VQF@Home Student Portal in the video below.
2021 VQF@Home Registration
What to expect with your VQF@Home class? Teachers will lead their class in real-time similarly to an in-person class, except from home! In June 2021, students will have access to a private class page on the VQF At Home Portal and virtual classroom resources that include the VQF Zoom Guide, Student Checklist, Supply List Notes, Announcements, Forum, and much more. Students can even post class fabric combos + finished project photos on the Portal! During the class, students can ask questions live + share their work with instructors and other students. A VQF class moderator will facilitate questions from students and assist with any technical issues. Attendees will participate in lectures in real-time (no recordings) and will join via meeting information emailed the day of the lecture. Lectures do not have portal classrooms. Lecture registration remains open until 1 hour before the event. Class registration closes at midnight the night before the class.
Lecture event logins will be emailed 1-hour prior to the live event and Class event logins will be emailed at 8:00 AM EDT the day of the class. If you do not receive your login information by these times, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Unlike classes, lectures will not be recorded. They are designed to be a live participation event during the lecture's scheduled time only.
Festival registration is not included in class registration, but can be purchased for $5 here.
Virtual Classroom Guidelines
The Vermont Quilt Festival is thrilled to have you join VQF’s first ever online festival! We hope everyone has a wonderful time learning in the virtual classroom and ask that students please acknowledge the following classroom guidelines:
- When joining the meeting or webinar, please use your real name so attendance can be tracked
- If you’re joining on a device, you might not be prompted to enter your name. It will detect the name of the device you are on. This may need updating once inside the event or in the event waiting room, which a VQF event moderator can help with
- Camera should be on during the class for attendance, as the instructor will want to see you and what you’re working on
- No virtual backgrounds, please
- Mute your microphone when not actively speaking (unless otherwise directed)
- Only registered attendees are able to participate in live VQF@Home classes, lectures, gallery talks, and vendor demos. Only registered students can access the Student Portal classrooms and recorded content. Please respect the instructors’ intellectual property by not sharing their content to someone not registered in the event.
- Respect the instructor and your fellow attendees.
- VQF is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive and inclusive environment for students. We embrace diversity of instructors, students, and staff and expect attendees to do the same in the VQF virtual space.
- VQF reserves the right to remove a student from a virtual event for failure to comply with the virtual classroom guidelines.
- We’re all here to learn, so let’s quilt and have fun!
1. Step One - Login: If placing an order, we recommend logging in. Those with an account, click Sign In on the top header of the website or go to Sign In. New to VQF? Set up a account here: New Account. Forgot your password? Reset Password
Each individual student must register under their own email address and will be charged their own individual class fee. Unlike with in person classes at VQF, only one student can be registered per account. Thanks for your understanding!
2. Select Classes or Lectures. There is a 10-minute cart time limit when registering for events.
4. Class Cancellation: VQF@Home classes are non-refundable, but are transferable to another student. If unable to make the live class, class recordings will be available for 2 weeks after the class concludes. VQF reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any online class or lecture within 3 days of the class date. If a class is rescheduled, students will be notified of the new date. No refunds will be given for rescheduled classes, as class recordings will be available for two weeks after the class. If a class is cancelled (due to low enrollment), VQF will issue a class refund or credit toward another class. Low enrollment event cancellations will be notified by June 1, 2021 (a consideration when ordering class kits). If a lecture is rescheduled, students will have the option for refund or attending the new date. If a lecture is cancelled, VQF will issue a lecture refund or credit toward another lecture. Lectures are not recorded and are participated during the live scheduled time only.
5. Review your Cart, and when you’re ready, proceed to Checkout.
After placing an order, you’ll receive an email receipt. A class registration receipt will be emailed within 24 hours after sign-up. A link will be emailed the day of the class or lecture, to login to the live session.
Contact the Registrar, Sandy Salazar, if you have any questions.